Форум Esolang Эзотерический форум

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

Добавить ответ в эту темуОткрыть тему
> How I started to speak English?, talking to a native
Pearl
сообщение 3.8.2007, 0:46
Сообщение #1

Владелец Форума

Из: Москва
Рейки: Мастер-Учитель
По гороскопу: Стрелец

Being here in the hart of Eng world I cannot miss a opportunity

to ask this question to different Eng teachers coming from different countries in the world.

Here we go! tongue.gif

--------------------

Я обещаю способствовать установлению экологически устойчивого, духовно наполненного, социально справедливого присутствия человека на нашей планете, считая это ведущим принципом нашего времени.
Инга Корягина - Мастер-Учитель
Вернуться в начало страницы

+Ответить с цитированием данного сообщения
nuria pol
сообщение 3.8.2007, 1:06
Сообщение #2

Новичок

I am from Spain. I started to learn English when I was 17.I had always study French and there was no much future in it, so I decided to learn English.

I attended English lessons for a feu years. At the begining I was happy, I leant very quicly, but after some years I realized that I could control grammar but I couldn't say a word spontaneously. huh.gif

So, I decided to travel to England in summer. This was the first time I was had to "produce" my speech if I wanted to go to the toilets, to have lunch, to have my hair cut,... After a month in Bournemouth, I came back to my city, Barcelona, with the certainty that I had learnt much more in a month in England than in several years in a school of English in Barcelona. wink.gif

So, from that moment, I have been going out to England or abroad every summer and I think this is the only way to start speaking English. You get self-confidence when speaking, even if you commit some mistake, and little by little, the fluency comes to you. And then you have what you wished: use English to communicate. biggrin.gif

That is the aim, not so much the excellence of the English you use. wub.gif

Isabel Granados
сообщение 3.8.2007, 1:12
Сообщение #3

Новичок

Рейки: -
По гороскопу: Не скажу

Iam Isabel, I am from Spain.

First, I started to learn English in my high school.

We used to do a lot of grammar exercises, reading comprehension, a few listening activities but very few speaking exercises. huh.gif

I passed my A level exams and three years later I went to England to work as an au pair girl and learn English.

I was aware that I might need to have a good command of this language to find a job. wink.gif

The quickest way to reach my aim was to go to England. There, I started to use all the theory I had learnt and little by little I got more and more fluency.

Do not be afraid and finally you will hit the target! biggrin.gif

Yury
сообщение 3.8.2007, 9:22
Сообщение #4

Аспирант

Рейки: II ступень

Цитата(nuria pol @ 3.8.2007, 2:06) *
I am from Spain. I started to learn English when I was 17.I had always study French and there was no much future in it, so I decided to learn English.

I attended English lessons for a feu years. At the begining I was happy, I leant very quicly, but after some years I realized that I could control grammar but I couldn't say a word spontaneously. huh.gif

So, I decided to travel to England in summer. This was the first time I was had to "produce" my speech if I wanted to go to the toilets, to have lunch, to have my hair cut,... After a month in Bournemouth, I came back to my city, Barcelona, with the certainty that I had learnt much more in a month in England than in several years in a school of English in Barcelona. wink.gif

So, from that moment, I have been going out to England or abroad every summer and I think this is the only way to start speaking English. You get self-confidence when speaking, even if you commit some mistake, and little by little, the fluency comes to you. And then you have what you wished: use English to communicate. biggrin.gif

That is the aim, not so much the excellence of the English you use. wub.gif

Buenos dias, señorita!
Me llamo Juri
Es muy contento verle en nuestro foro.
I'm from Russia, Moscow.
I many times was in your city. Barcelona is a fine city and in it there live kind and good people. wub.gif

--------------------
Важно не то, какие ошибки в жизни мы совершаем -
А то, какие уроки из них мы извлекаем.

Yury
сообщение 3.8.2007, 12:50
Сообщение #5

Аспирант

Buenos dias, señorita Isobel!
Me llamo Juri
Es muy contento verle en nuestro foro.
I'm from Russia, Moscow.
You are absolutely right!
Do not be afraid and finally you will hit the target!
And you win! rolleyes.gif

--------------------

Silvia
сообщение 3.8.2007, 22:58
Сообщение #6

Новичок

Hello! smile.gif

This is Silvia from Peru, South America. smile.gif

I decided to study English because I liked it very much: I wanted to sing the beautiful songs I listened to. I was about 13 years old and I studied it for about three years. After this, I started studying at University and everything was in Spanish.

I didn't want to forget my English and I could only practise it through music. I only listened to and sang music in English for about 5 years. I memorised as many songs as I could and sang them smile.gif . I remember most of them until now! (for more than 15 years!)

I think one of the main points was enjoying, "absorbing" English instead of just memorising rules. Of course, meeting people and speaking just in English -even though most of us were from Peru- helped me a lot too.

Go on,
Just enjoy it!!!

Silvia smile.gif

Kajsa Hedlund
сообщение 4.8.2007, 23:01
Сообщение #7

Новичок

I am from Sweeden. tongue.gif

I started learning English in school at the age of ten. But I actually believe that it all started much earlier. From a very early age, basically as long as I can remember, I loved watching tv programs in English. Especially American movies an series. So I think I already liked the language when we started to learn it at school. biggrin.gif

As it turned out, I had a great talent for learning English, so I immediately became the no.1 student in class and learning the language was very easy for me. Because I was successful right away, i thought it was fun and that motivated me a lot, and has ever since. wub.gif

I still love watching American movies and I still love learning English, 25 years after that first English lesson in school and I have been an English teacher for 10 years! wub.gif

English is so much fun! biggrin.gif

Kajsa

marioly
сообщение 4.8.2007, 23:47
Сообщение #8

Новичок

I am from Bolivia. wink.gif

I started learning english since i was a litlle child...at the age of 4 in the school..actually i can not remember exactily what steps i did. biggrin.gif

Well the thing is that I really care about English when I was just finishig school . rolleyes.gif

English was my best subject,so I decided to study English at the university cool.gif

...in five years i was interchanging information with people from USA in my country I really liked it a lot.. wub.gif

but Learnig english does not mean I can understand every single word sometimes It is difficult depending on the accent or if they are native speakers or foreign.. blink.gif

in my experience reading and watching english movies help alot . tongue.gif

English is very fun and comes easy to your mind when youreally feel you love this language. wub.gif

Flor
сообщение 5.8.2007, 0:39
Сообщение #9

Новичок

I'm from Lima, Peru. biggrin.gif
I remember when I first started to speak English, that happened when I was still at very basic levels. I think that happened because I felt the need to communicate,to express my ideas. unsure.gif
I'm convinced that the motivation I received from my teachers helped a lot, but my attitude towards my learning helped a lot, too. Somehow, I assumed that I was responsible for my own learning, and that being afraid of making mistakes would only refrain me from speaking. Therefore, the only way to start speaking was just that: start speaking without being so concerned whether my grammar was right or not; I just decided to do it. As Nike logan says: Just do it! cool.gif
I know it doesn't sound that easy, but you'll be on the right way once you decide to have the right attitude. Something else that can help a lot is trying to understand the English culture, which can be very different from ours, but it is definitely necessary if we want to speak ENGLISH.
Hope that helped a little bit. happy.gif

Gustavo
сообщение 5.8.2007, 2:02
Сообщение #10

Новичок

Hello everyone. I'm Gustavo from lima Peru in South America. biggrin.gif

My story with English started at a very early age. wink.gif
I was sent by my parents to a British School in my country. As soon as you enter kindergarten you have a native speaking teacher that has just arrived and doesn't speak any Spanish (my mother tongue), so to be able to communicate with her you HAVE to learn English. sleep.gif

All the classes were in English except the ones that have to do with our history or local literature or our geography. I really hated when I was at school because then we had really big problems when we wanted to enter university because we knew all the information in English and not in Spanish!!! But after some time you realise that you already have a skill that many want to have and have to star learning when they are young adults and it becomes very difficult for them.

Now, thanks to that education I'm an English teacher and is one of the things that I really adore doing.
Learning another language is also learning another culture and it opens an infinite number of doors that will help you for the rest of your life. rolleyes.gif

Yury
сообщение 6.8.2007, 14:06
Сообщение #11

Аспирант

Guten Tag!
Ich heise Juri.
Sprechen Sie Englisch?
Es ist Ihnen interessant?
Konnten Sie es mir bitte aufschreiben? Schreiben Sie es bitte!
How You started to speak English?

Alles Gute
Best regards

--------------------

Xavier Cortina
сообщение 6.8.2007, 15:41
Сообщение #12

Новичок

Hello wink.gif

I'm from Catalonia and really started speaking English when I worked as a bar tender at a Hotel in Dublin. My English was supposed to be much better than what it actually was so MANY times I just pretended I understood my customers and then I repeated the same words to the guy at the bar (like a parrot). Only when I got the drink or whatever they ordered I found what I had said...

After work I used to go out and meet people and that's when I learned other useful expressions for real life. The friend I went out with was Danish so it was easier for me to understand and get vocabulary in a more effective way -I can't say I have a good ear for languages and I still find Irish accent hard to understand.

Wonderful site Inga! keep up the good work

Xavier Cortina

Carme
сообщение 6.8.2007, 15:48
Сообщение #13

Новичок

Hi, I'm from Catalonia (officially Spain).

smile.gif

I started learning English because I love travelling and talking to people from different cultures.

It wasn't really English I was interested in, it was what I could do if I spoke English, it was English as a lingua franca and not so much English as a reflection of the English or American culture and literature and so on.

So here I am, a happy non-native English speaker.

Fabricio
сообщение 6.8.2007, 18:41
Сообщение #14

Новичок

I'm from Peru biggrin.gif

and I stared to learn English as a child, as a game, numbers with faces and drawings, and it kept going on the TV cartoons, and suddenly English became my secret language, something to write words or phrases in my diary or in my drawings. biggrin.gif tongue.gif

At university it was a code to chat with my best friend, and the language of "my" music and, so "my" movies, so studying it was fun and joy. Being a teacher was a consequence and a way to have fun and help others finding fun and ease in English learning, which is something I'm practicing. cool.gif

That's how I learned and I'm still learning English. tongue.gif

Melissa
сообщение 6.8.2007, 18:56
Сообщение #15

Новичок

Hi, I grew up in Dallas, Texas (yes, I know Bush country). But a wonderful saving grace is that my entire family is from Jamaica, which is my heart. So in America, since we love hyphenations, I am considered Jamaican-American. Although English is my native language, growing up in a America with foreign parents, I do think I understand what it is to be a non-native in some sense or the other...

So I started speaking English from birth. My parents native language is English and they also speak a dialect called "patois" which is a blend of our many ethnic influences.

I LOVE languages and people from all over the world. I think a language is an art form and essential for learning about others. As a result, I started learning Spanish when I was younger and French when I was in college...they both still need a lot of work though!

Thanks for inviting me to share in this cultural exchange Inga!- Melissa biggrin.gif

Hitomi
сообщение 7.8.2007, 0:20
Сообщение #16

Новичок

I'm from Japan.

I started learning English when I was in a junior high school. I learned a school English. Gradually I came to be interested in English and wanted to be a fruent English speaker. This why I started learning English. I'm also interested in the cultural difference which is related to the languag difference.

When I was a university student, I studied in the United States for two years. It was my first experience to know the different culture. Talking with different people and living in a different culture are very interesting experience for me.

It's very nice to share a time with you. Thank you. Hitomi Takeuchi

Montse Sinfreu
сообщение 7.8.2007, 1:01
Сообщение #17

Новичок

I am from Spain smile.gif

and I started learning English when I was 13 and with a very traditional approach.As for speaking it was very guided ,with drills and repeating phrases or sentences without paying much attention to the meaning.

Later,when I went to England and I realised I didn' t understand or what is worse,that they didn't understand me at first, I decided something had to be done.

I watched films in original version,listened to songs and concentrated on the lyrics and tried to speak as much English as possible with tourists or when travelling abroad.But I think the best thing is going to an English-speaking country.

It was a pleasure . wub.gif
Montse

jenny
сообщение 9.8.2007, 18:03
Сообщение #18

Новичок

I am from Peru
I started learning English..consciusly...when I was 13, it was a small school and I attended just on Saturdays...

what helped me learn more were the use of songs...I liked music in English

so I used songs and practised them several times until I sounded like the singer..

.I wanted to know what the songs said so I translated the songs into Spanish...

I think that this excercise gave me a lot of confidence in the use of the new language.

I enjoyed songs a lot.

Thanks for asking..
Jenny smile.gif

Добавить ответ в эту темуОткрыть тему